Sunday, March 1, 2009

No weeds in my garden...do you have any?

Your destiny is already written, you just have to claim it! How do you reach out and grab 'it'? Claiming what's yours may sound easy and to some it actually is. However, for many of us it's not that cut and dry. Before you can really be passionate about anything, you have to believe. Believe that you deserve to be happy. Believe that you are capable. Believe that you can do it. Believe that you are the key to your success, not your circumstances, not your neighborhood, not your banking account, not your friends, not your enemies, and not your stumbling blocks. To all those who say "believing" is for the cliche thinking, over achievers - you've missed the point. I'm not advocating that you can believe your wildest dream into fruition (although many times you can). What I am promising is that if you truly let your passion take over your fear, you can do no wrong. If you get nothing else from reading this article, understand the importance of being your own best friend and your own biggest cheerleader. For those of you who have heard of my "garden" analogy, sorry you'll have to hear it again. For those of you who haven't, you've been missing out. To me, my "garden" story is the answer to any question you may have regarding the type of life you want to have and the type of life you're trying to build....




The GARDEN story...(I'll use my life as an example)

I have been working on my personal garden, planting pretty red tulips, sunflowers, pansies, begonias, and pretty pink roses. I've been watering my garden everyday. My flowers finally have all the nutrients and sunlight they need to survive. For once, everything looks great! My garden is far from perfect and it continues to be a work in progress, but point is my hard work and dedication is paying off. I even won an award this month. No weeds. No dead leaves. 100% green. Beautiful, if I may say so myself. I have obviously been working extremely hard on perfecting my garden, so I dare NOT let anyone come in and destroy my flowers and rob me of my prestigious award. If we can work hard in our careers and in our homes, why shouldn't we give our personal life that same tender love and attention. Why should we grant someone else the right to destroy our garden?! The only person that should hold the power to destroy our garden, is us. If I won't plant weeds, why should I let someone else. And more importantly, if I have enough respect for my garden, shouldn't the visitors of my garden as well?! This sounds like common sense, but if you really think about it, we are often happy and our day is going well and BOOM - we see someone or hear a disturbing comment and now our day is ruined. Or we let someone tell us our worth. Or we give someone the power over our thoughts and attitude. Every time we give someone the reign over our mind, a weed is planted....

We need to think about our gardens as we continue to plant seeds in our lives. We are either planting seeds or weeds? One will make our garden flourish, the other will make our garden wilt.

I encourage you to believe in yourself and plant seeds that will lead you to your destiny. Remember, there's always light at the end of the tunnel. And you know gardens need sunlight to survive. No coincidence!

1 comment:

C Lomax said...

I am definitely working to revive my garden. I cannot have people walking in and kicking over my garden gnome :-)... Hello sunlight and goodbye weeds.