Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thinking Out Loud . . .

Summer Thoughts . . . We are half way through the year and so many things have happened, kind of seems like a blur. Lingering thoughts of the past are present, but my future seems to saturate my brain. Ever feel like you're on the cusp of a breakthrough but the tunnel you're walking through is quite narrow and dim? You know you're going somewhere great, but not sure when and how you'll arrive? This is the very advice that I hear and the advice that I give - work hard and trust that your persistence and faith will carry you through. To me, success is much more than an awesome career, fat salary, professional connections or bragging rights. In my opinion, success is the definition of having a goal for yourself and accomplishing the goal despite the challenges. That a person is able to see the bigger picture and continue working hard even when times may seem bleak. Success is reaching the epitome of "comfort" . . . my ideal situation is that I am comfortable in my personal and professional life and have enough resources to give away. When my own situation has flourished enough that I am able to share with others, that's when I will know that I have truly reached my goals aka success! Having a career is so much deeper to me than it probably is to the average person, hence me wanting to create The FAB Network. Having a FABulous career has the potential to sky rocket your life! For this very reason, we often put a lot of pressure on ourselves to reach our goals, specifically within a short amount of time (which doubles the stress). We can't plan every aspect of our life and when we try, failure typically looms. We have to find that fine balance between goal-setting and realistic to-do lists. That's difficult, right? Regardless, we are half way through the year and maybe our 2010 goals have been achieved, maybe not but either way, it's never too late. Change your goals, create new goals or simply pause and resume - it's possible for us to reach the finish line that we so desire to see! I have found that surrounding yourself with the right "team" is the best form of support. Consistent words of encouragement always seems to do the trick. As we all continue our fight to see through the not always lit tunnel, I encourage you to remain steadfast in your attempt to create the life that makes you truly happy!

Good luck on your 3rd and 4th quarter goals! This year has the potential to be life changing!

Take advantage of today by relishing in yesterday and planning for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this and it is exactly where I am and what I am thinking about. Surely there are many out here who have been thinking and saying the same things. Just yesterday my friend and I were having a talk on this very same subject. This hits home and is so on time.

Blessings

J.Styles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.Styles said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! YES, funny how so many of us are thinking, feeling and experiencing the same type of struggles and dreams. That's why I believe it's so important to stick together! Stay FAB whoever you are! You can do it, and so can I! ;)