Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Climbing to success & lingering random thoughts . . . For YOUR EYES ONLY!

Hi. It's been awhile since I've written a personal note to all my blog readers and today I'm taking time out to consciously let my thoughts flow. I miss talking to you and wanted to check in. I wanted to let you know what's going on with me and see how you're doing. I welcome your comments if you feel compelled. So, what's on my mind? Really it's a plethora of thoughts swirling in my head - mostly thinking about what's in store and smiling at what's already taken place (and we're only 47 days into 2011). Music gets my thoughts flowing and I've been listening to a lot of music lately and my journal is my partner in crime. Music + Journal = Honesty. Oh, of course, my other platform is the blog of course. My friends all seem to be in the same boat as me as we review our personal and professional lives with the intent of deciding what stays, what goes and what's in store. Not that we're soooo old, but we've all decided that we have come full circle and are starting to get a firm grasp on the lessons we've learned and how we can turn those lessons into successes -- with work, in relationships, friendships, everything really. Having that circle of conscious friends is so refreshing and motivating. I have been in New York for 4 years now (which I would've never imagined) and I have definitely evolved as a person. My eyes and ears are more alert to what I find is a priority (and what frankly doesn't matter). Don't I sound mature?! Ha! Don't get me wrong, this thought process that I am mentioning is a work in progress and I sometimes have relapses, but again, that's what that close circle of friends is for -- to help you get back on track. Relapses in the sense that we sometimes get so boggled down in the details with the every day drama and as a result lose sight of the bigger goal. When understanding your destiny, it makes a huge difference in how you handle people, situations, obstacles and successes. Your focus shifts and a light goes off. Ever feel that way? Like you understand your destiny and can easily brush off the day to day affairs because you're very clear on your purpose. To me, that's the first step in seeing progress. Acknowledgment. So, I am VERY excited for the Spring and Summer and all that's to come. I wonder what' going to happen?! Will I travel (near or far?), will some of the new additions in my life still be present?, will some pending business matters be settled?, will there be any good surprises?! This winter has been pretty harsh. In my mind I have abandoned the brutal coldness and instead envision myself at the park laid out enjoying the sun, blasting some new hot track, reading a gossip magazine and occasionally people gazing. Perfect Saturday afternoon. My lingering thoughts haven't made it past the summer season. What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear from you. C'mon don't be shy. Share your candid thoughts. For me, releasing my thoughts is such freedom. I love it. The fact that I can share them with you is icing on the cake.

Until Next Time . . .

Stay FAB!

J. Styles

No comments: