Thursday, September 10, 2009

FAB Reader Asks a Question: FAB Answers!

September 10, 2009
FAB Question from Maybelline Queen:

Question. I got a business card of a colorist in my area (Chicago) I have been holding it for a while because I don't know how to introduce myself and ask if he can mentor me or if I can be his assistant. We have not met in person, I was given his card by someone who knows I'm new to the hair industry. It has the salon number and his cell number. What should I do?

Hello Maybelline Queen! Thanks for reaching out to FAB regarding your career concerns. We are happy to assist! See below.

Hello ___________________,

My name is _____________ and I received your contact information from __________________, as they are aware of my interest in the hair and beauty industry, specifically hair coloring. __________ spoke very highly of you and mentioned that you would be a great person to contact due to your level of experience and expertise within the industry.

As I mentioned, I am very passionate about the hair and beauty industry and looking to transition in the near future. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences and hear any feedback that you may have.

Thank you in advance and I truly look forward to hearing from you soon!


Sincerely,

________________________



Note: the email paragraph is a template that you will need to customize to fit your needs, however it is a general guideline that should help you in formulating your email. P.S. STOP making excuses and SEND the email TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Crysten said...

thank you for answering! I dont have an email, but I was given his cell number. I didnt know how to start the conversation with him but I do now thanks to you! I LOVE your site!

J.Styles said...

You're welcome!! I LOVE that YOU love the FAB site. Keep reading and stay FAB!!!

- J.Styles