Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I had an interview, now how do I follow up?

FAB Member Has a Question:

"I had a phone interview on Wednesday and the interviewer said she would follow up with me on Friday to discuss the face-to-face interview. It is now Monday and I haven't heard anything. I am not sure what to do. Can FAB help?"

Yes, of course, FAB can help! See below.


Good Afternoon ____________,

Thank you for your time on Monday, __________. Our conversation further solidified my interest in working at ______________. I'm excited about the next phase of the interview process and I would like follow up with you in regards to the _______________ position. You mentioned that you would be in touch with me by Friday, ___________ to let me know the next steps and I just wanted to follow up regarding this matter. Please let me know if there is any additional information that you need.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
___________


FAB Notes:
- Always say thank you in the first line.
- Always include days/dates that things took place just to reitterate all details.
- Always highlight promises (i.e. You mentioned that you would be in touch by Friday, October 10th and I just wanted to follow up regarding this matter....---> this helps to provide clear communication so that everyone is on the same page)
- Always express a continued interest in the position (i.e. Our meeting solified my interest in the __________ position at _____________. ---> You always want to reiterate that you are excited, eager and ready to work! If you sound excited and confident, you're one step ahead of the competition)
- Always close on a positive note (things you should always include: thank you, look forward to being in touch soon, please let me know if you need any additional information from me, etc.)
- Always be detailed, concise, excited and grateful.


Hope this helps! Stay FAB!

No comments: