Wednesday, December 5, 2012

That Moment . . .

 
That moment when you're stuck, confused, don't know what to do, have done everything you thought you were supposed to do and you still feel that uneasy, things aren't happening fast enough feeling. Know what I'm talking about?! Feeling this way as you read this post? Well, you're not alone. We (and by "we" I mean any person that strives to be their best) will at some point experience growing pains. Really can't progress without that indescribable "grey" area that I mentioned above. Out of curiosity, what do you do when you feel this way? For me, I take a MAJOR step back from everything and STOP. I stop talking, thinking, writing, emailing, tweeting, instagramming and just lie still. My thoughts literally consume me so I just let the heavy feeling take over. That usually lasts for a few hours (sometimes, a day, sometimes a weekend). Then, after I have my "moment", I usually get some sort of vision, message or clue as to what steps to take next. I'm serious. I know this may sound weird, but when I stop, I have more time to listen. Listen to that inner voice (that I call God's message) to seep into my mind. Sometimes talking to others only confuses me more. When I get to a moment where "man" can't help, I have to take my thoughts higher. In a way, I feel God strategically places these bumps in my life so that I have to STOP and LISTEN! Perhaps you have a different method that helps you, I can almost say with confidence that you do, but either way, we're still connected because as long as we have life, we will have obstacles therefore we need each other to cope, survive, persevere, overcome and succeed. With that said, know that when you experience "that moment", you are far from alone and I am here cheering you on. Because without the support of each other, we are surely in a for a long ride. "That moment" is helping to groom us to be our best selves and to lead our best lives.

No comments: