Friday, December 19, 2008

FAB Rocks with MTV!!!

WHO SAYS DREAMS DON'T COME TRUE?!
Ever since Lynzee Saperstein could remember she wanted to work at MTV...she graduated from college and made that dream a reality!
FAB dreams coming into fruition...JUST HOW DID LYNZEE DO IT? FAB wants to know!


1.) Working at MTV must be the coolest job ever! How did you land your"dream job"?
I was an intern my last semester in college with the Music and Promotion Group. It was a few months after my internship ended and I was now looking for a job. One of the managers knew someone in Affiliate Marketing who was looking for a temp for MTV Tr3s; the job was only suppose to be for a month but then I was asked to be the Full-Time Temp. Then, I was offered a staff position on the sales side and the rest is history.

2.) In only 2 years, you went from Temp Coordinator to Partner Marketing Coordinator and now recently promoted to National Accounts Coordinator. How have you been able to work your way up through the ranks so quickly?
Just hard work and dedication. I put myself out there as much as possible and ask questions to show that I want to learn and want to be here.

3.) Cool job. Travel often. Meet celebrities. Promoted twice. Ever experience any envy from your friends? If so, how do you handle the caddy competition that comes with success and friendships?
I don't think I have experienced any caddy competition from friends or anything but I do think that when I was asked to be staff some others who were stuck in the positions for a long time were like why was offered this when I have been there forever.

4.)I know you are also interested in fashion and beauty, yet you work in the entertainment industry. Perfect FAB member! Why did you decide to join FAB?
I love fashion, I love entertainment and I love beauty. Yes I am in the entertainment industry but my interests are fashion and beauty and would love to meet others in that industry.

5.) As a young professional, what have you learned about the corporate world?
It can be a scary world but if you learn from the right people you will be fine.

6.) As a follow-up question to #5, what advice do you have to college students looking to find their "perfect job"?
First there is no perfect job. Every job has its negative side but if you have a passion for something don't give up.

7.) What's your biggest challenge right now...what keeps Lynzee up at night? Anything?
What keeps Lynzee up at night is making sure she is doing a good job and is respected.

8.) In 10 years, where can we find Lynzee Saperstein?
Lynzee will be CEO of MTV Networks.


FAB Key Takeaway:

There is no perfect job...but with hard work, perseverance, and dedication you can achieve your goals! Take Lynzee's advice, "don't give up." FAB agrees!

No comments: