Friday, July 31, 2009

A Word from the Founder: J.Styles

Dear FAB Members, Readers, Dreamers and FAB Believers,

We are well into the summer and nature is in full bloom, people are vacationing, many of us are trying to make "it" happen (before the end of '09) and the rest are searching for that bit of inspiration that will jump start their motivation. No matter where you are mentally or physically, you have to admit this year is flying by and we better enjoy every minute before it's gone in a blink of an eye. For the first time, I am truly starting to understand the expression "live life to the fullest." To me, this phrase is closely tied to the expression, "finding yourself." In order to have one, you must have a grasp on the other. I am still, very much, on the journey to finding myself and learning exactly what the phrase means. However, I've come to the conclusion that finding ourselves is a holistic expression that means we know and understand who we are and what we want out of life. We are clear on our priorities and we are on the path to attaining the life we want, not what society tells us we should have. It takes a confident and independent person to be able to travel their own path in their own time and in their own way. Life experiences and maturity are definitely the key ingredients to becoming fully centered. With that said, I've also come to the realization that my experiences weren't a mistake, nor were they a waste of time, they were simply the road map in helping me to find my way. My impatience never serves me with good energy, instead I start to panic that my man-made road map will be destroyed or delayed because things aren't happening in the order I planned. If you've ever tried to plan out your life, I'm sure you know that things don't always happen when we want them to, but if our desires are truly a part of our destiny, it will happen. Understanding this concept is also a part of maturity. It's only after a situation has passed, do we see with 20/20 vision and are able to understand why things happened and usually, we can agree, it was in the right order. It may seem like I am a pro at deciphering life and critical crossroads, but I am far from an expert. I am, however, trying to ingrain these thoughts into my mind as I continue to make life-altering decisions that some people won't understand. As I embark on new challenges and endeavors. As I push myself to the limit, not fully knowing the outcome. It seemingly all comes full circle, when I think of the phrase "live life to the fullest" all the while "finding myself." These mottos have been my rock and savior every time I question my next step. I have a list of things I want in life and there is no guarantee that I'll get the blessings I've personally crafted. But just for kicks, let's say I get everything on my wish list, I am still clueless as to when they will come to fruition. But either way, I can't live my life wondering about things that I have no control over. What I can do, is be the best person that I can be and have faith that my destiny will encompass the blessings that will ultimately bring me a happy and fruitful life. As I continue on my exploration and search for more pieces that will help me to "find myself", I will try to be excited by the unknown instead of scared. 2009 is just one piece of the puzzle and I hope that you will find peace the rest of this year, knowing that together we can share and grow in excitement, love, patience and diligence. I'm a work in progress, but FAB nonetheless! My hope is that you are just as confident that "finding yourself" is the exciting part of life. Together, we can be FAB (with or without all the puzzle pieces!)

Much Love,

J.Styles

No comments: