Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fashionista, Event Planner, Make-up Artist, Black Bride Enthusiast, Blogger!

Ayana Lateef - the bold and the beautiful!

If you look at Ayana's interests, you may be a bit confused, but no need to be. She is proud of the fact that her ideas are scatter brained and that she is passionate about more things that you can count on one hand! But that's okay, because that's the precise reason why FAB loves her!

Ayana is originally from Maryland, right outside of DC. She moved to New York 3 years ago to pursue her dreams (all 20 of them!) and that's just what's she doing! She has a BS in Fashion Merchandising from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and well as an AAS in Advertising and Marketing from FIT. Her artistic nature is evident in that fact she worked as a makeup artist for 3 years with Estee Lauder. And for the past year, she has worked with the notable and extraordinary designer, Zac Posen, as the Jr. Account Executive. Ayana has a few years of experience under her belt and some huge names on her resume that will get her foot in the door to other opportunities, but it's her zeal for success that will make her the STAR she is destined to be!

Ayana chats with FAB!

1.) What makes you happy?
I love fashion, meeting new people, the arts and planning fabulous parties.

2.) You recently started a blog focusing on "black brides", what inspired you to do this?
I've always had an interest in wedding and event planning. Recently I was helping out a friend with a few wedding ideas and I noticed a lack of resources for African American women. I also noticed that we are absent from many of the bridal magazines and books. Soon after Fabulous Black Bride was created. I want black women to know that our special days are just as important and we can have fabulous weddings too.

3.) As your blog continues to grow, what can readers expect to see from you and your blossoming blog?
Readers can expect to see profiles on makeup artist, hairstylist, designers, wedding planners, and other industry professionals throughout the country. In the upcoming weeks I will be attending a few bridal trade shows and reporting on them for brides that are not able to make it.
Many of my readers are brides to be, so I would like to feature a few of their wedding photos and report on their fabulous wedding experiences.

4.) You are the perfect definition of a FAB member - you are a young professional with a multitude of interests trying to make it ALL happen! You don't sit by the sidelines, you jump right in! What are you most passionate about these days and what are you working toward achieving?
There are so many things that I want to do. I really want my blog to grow and expand my daily readers. That's my baby right now and I'm trying to nurture it and watch it grow. I also love fashion, that's my full time career. I love the excitement of the fashion industry. There's always something new; new ideas, new trends, and new designers. I also love planning weddings and events. My ultimate goal is to somehow mesh all of my passions into one business idea. To help me with me with my ideas I've been doing a lot of networking, talking to a few mentors, and going to a lot of informational interviews.

5.) How do you see FAB being a catalyst in helping you to connect the dots and achieve success in your areas of interest?
I love the idea of FAB. I know so many people with great ideas and experiences that could help each other out. I know I am not the only person out there with a multitude of interests and I'm happy that FAB is a meeting place that will allow everyone to expand their ideas. I will use FAB to connect with people that can help me with my ideas and I hope that I will be able to help out and encourage someone else.

6.) Describe yourself in 3 words.
Creative, Passionate, Fabulous

***Check out Ayana's blog at www.fabulousblackbride.blogspot.com***

You've just heard from the FABULOUS Ayana, stayed tuned, you will hear more from this diva turned entrepreneur. Trust me!

No comments: