Wednesday, February 18, 2009

26 and Starting to Sizzle: Tammi Lorraine!


Never met her in my life. After a two 1/2 hour phone conversation, we were well acquainted. Who you may ask?! A dreamer, a believer, a risk taker, a sometimes doubter, a hopeful, an entrepreneur, A Miami-bred now Californian – Tammi Lorraine. As you may have noticed, the common thread of FAB is that we seek out those who may not be where they want to be, but those who are well on their way…and if they don’t have a plan, they are planning on getting a plan – not just A plan but rather THE plan! In this vein, Tammi Lorraine is no different. Tammi was able to take her talent of writing and public speaking and transform her passion into an online radio talk show – focusing on one of her favorite topics, MEN and WOMEN. Tammi’s insight into how men and women can better co-exist as friends and lovers is knowledge that is much needed in our society – she found an untouched niche in the entertainment world and is currently turning her passion into a business. Her company is called HIS&HERS – first it started off as an online radio show, now HIS&HERS has blossomed into a blog and interactive website, along with growing the online talk show. Tammi shared with FAB the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur and what it’s like to move across the country to pursue her passion. When talking with Tammi, she shared some of her deepest thoughts, it was refreshing to hear someone be vulnerable, doesn’t admitting our fears somehow make us stronger?! Tammi admits that she often looks to celebrities for inspiration, especially Oprah because of her unwavering career and commitment to delivering news and entertainment to the masses. She even brings up mega superstar Beyonce, saying “…I look at Beyonce and see that she is 27 and has 10 Grammys and making millions…I’m 26 and I'm not there yet…” I respond with “…yeah, but Beyonce started singing at 4, got a record deal at 15 and has been in the business for over 10 years, you just started a couple of years ago, give yourself a break…your time is coming!”

Profile Snapshot:

Hometown: Born and raised in Miami, FL but relocated to Northern Virginia with my family in 1998.

College: Attended and graduated from George Mason University in 2005 with a Bachelors Degree in Communication.

Entrepreneur: HIS&HERS Show was conceived on April of 2008 and birthed August 4, 2008.



LET'S TALK...

FAB: Your online talk show is both hilarious and informative - in an entertaining kind of way. How did you ever think to create this type of show?

TL: (laughs and huge grin!) The HIS&HERS Show was designed to spark dialogue between the sexes. Most of our topics do not have a cut in stone answer but hopefully at the conclusion, the listener will be able to take something away. I want the show to be an entertaining, but insightful look into male and female relations.

FAB: With some of the risque topics you discuss, your audience has to be pretty grown and sexy, right?!

TL: Yes, I would say so. The target audience for the HIS&HERS Show is from 21 to 33 years old. Although we have listeners of high school age to adults over 40 who tune in each week and actively participate by leaving comments on the shows.

FAB: How often do you update your show?

TL: New episodes of the HIS&HERS Show are aired every Monday. There are three additional bloggers on the site who submit articles, Video Blogs (Vblogs) and Poll Questions of the week. Soon we will have an area where listeners can submit Vblog with relationship questions and can receive not only an answer from me but also from their peers. I'm working on giving my listeners a reason to visit the HIS&HERS Show site everyday for new and intriguing information.
FAB: Would you say you're a relationship expert or have you gotten so tired of the dating scene you needed an outlet to share your frustrations?

TL: A little bit of both actually...I wouldn't call myself an expert on every subject in regards to men and women relations. Everyday I'm learning more about my male counterparts and even more about myself. My passion to dig deeper into this subject is what qualifies me. I fervently desire to see individual relationships strengthened and fruitful especially among my peers. My heart has always gone out to state of men and women relations. I believe since Adam and Eve there has been a hindrance in communication between the sexes. My hope is that through the HIS&HERS Show, we can begin to tear down these hindrances and even if the topic isn't specifically relationship related, it will promote dialogue nonetheless.

FAB: So, you obviously plan to blow this show out the water, what exactly is your career goal?

TL: I definitely want the show to be picked up. My ultimate goal is to have my own daytime talk show and for it to be the highest rated talk show in the history of television. Oprah Winfrey can't keep that title forever.

FAB: Good point! Well, you're definitely on the right track and with continued perseverance, FAB is sure you'll become the shining star you desire to be. With that said, you automatically jumped at the idea of teaming up with FAB. How do you believe this organization can help you with your personal and career aspirations?

LF: FAB can help me by continuing to provide inspirational blogs to not only uplift my spirit but to also refresh it. Already through reading "Who is YOUR career partner?!" I am assessing my team and identifying my 'career partner'. I also know FAB will provide a wonderful opportunity for me to network with other like-minded individuals. I am excited to see more of what FAB has in store for its' readers.
Want more information or would like to listen to the show, visit http://www.hisandhersshow.com/.


Catch an episode of "Are Men Superficial?"

No comments: