Monday, January 19, 2009

America is making history. YES WE CAN!

If America can do it, so can we! One step at a time of course, but can we do it? YES WE CAN! So, I'll skip the "we can do it" cliches and move right into the what are YOU doing to make sure "it" happens - whatever that it may be for you. Let's take it a step further and say, instead of getting bogged down in the details, let's hit the ground running and analyze later, sometimes we analyze too much and our thoughts become stagnant and nothing ever happens. My theory is like Nike says, "Just Do It". With that said, I am in the boat with you, so as I preach the YES WE CAN speech, I am also getting myself mentally prepared to make this year all that I want it to be and more. The 3 most important things that help me to get geared up and stay geared up is...1.) faith 2.) surrounding myself with the right type of support 3.) staying personally encouraged and self-motivated (there is only so much another individual can provide you, at some point you have to take responsibility). So, I encourage you to not make New Year's Resolutions, but instead really think about where you want to be at the end of this year and take the necessary steps to make that happen. Don't be afraid to ask for help - FAB is here if you need a stepping stone! So, we're already in 2009 and history is being made, let's make our own personal history. Let's take a look back 12 months from now and be able to say, YES WE DID! I just heard Justin Timberlake say that we don't have to focus on yesterday, we can focus on today. "America is cool now, we have swagger." A whole new era is approaching us, a fire has been ignited in our country that is trickling down to every American to serve, to give back, to be used, to serve a purpose greater than our own in order to make this country a better place. Achieving our goals is no longer a far fetched ideal, it is a goal we are striving to attain. So, I encourage all of you to use the fire that has been ignited in America to chase your dream and be the servant you are called to be! YES WE CAN!

No comments: